Learn to Surf
You are interested in surfing and wish to take the first step in learning. Maybe you have already spent some days in surf camps; you are an advanced beginner and you wish to keep on riding waves and mastering the basic techniques? Our surf course “learn to surf” is for you !
– Depending on the surf conditions (tides, swell), we come to pick you up at your hotel in the morning (10:30) or the afternoon (14:30). The time will be confirmed the day before by WhatsApp/sms for the first surf day.
– Our comfortable blue van takes you to the beach where the instructor gives you your material and looks after all administrative tasks.
– The surf course includes the transfer to the beach, a training carver skateboard, a warm up, exercises on the sand and in the water, a recovery break, and an after surf stretching session!
– The theory is often given around a table while you enjoy delicious smoothies/coffee on the way back to Corralejo. Also, at the end of the week, there is often a lunch or dinner where we take surf pictures analyses of your best waves !
– Your surf day lasts about 5-6 hours including the transfer.
– You only need to bring your beach gear, water & some food (possibility of buying food at a backery in the village of Lajares on the way to the beach) !
Your personalised course
Your instructor supervises and trains you in English in a small group (max 6 students/teacher).
On the first day, your level is evaluated
The instructor respects and adapts his teaching to your surf knowledge, your learning rhythm and your physical conditions.
Moreover, he makes sure the safety of the spot is optimal for your surf tuition.
1 day beginner
You learn all about watersafety, how to catch white water waves in the prone position and then your first take off. Your program includes a lot of simulation exercises on the sand, so that you progress thanks to muscle memory. You also have a skateboard session to improve your balance.
A skateboard session (longboard carver type) is integrated into your surf course.
Skateboarding is a valuable tool to improve your balance and your posture on the surfboard. The feeling on the carver is very similar to the feeling in a wave and during the skating session you can improve and automatise your movements for the water ! Beginners will improve their balance and get a feeling for the whole body movements used in surfing. Intermediates can learn and improve different techniques like the ‘speed technique’ (to pass a breaking section) and ‘bottom-to-top-turn combinations’ (with compression and decompression of the body while simulation turns on the carver). ! When you return from your holiday, you can keep on training at home with a carver skateboard !
3 days beginner
You follow the 1 day beginner lesson and then establish your take off technique so you can stand frequently and ride the white water wave. Following this, you learn how to trim the board for speed and perform the first turn
5 day beginner
You complete the 3 day beginner lesson including trimming the board, turning your board, and surfing sideways in the white water. Then we bring you to the line up to help you get your first unbroken wave !
You can also consult our page “Surf course information” or contact us directly !
Aloha Surf Academy, Corralejo
North of Fuerteventura /Canary Islands/Spain
** BOOKINGS : by whatSapp / email / phone call / or ask your hotel reception to contact us **
Mobile & WhatsApp +34 650 503 054
Mobile +34 680 507 640
Phone +34 928 854 337
Monday to Sunday: 10:00- 19:00