Course ‘improve your surf’
You are an intermediate surfer who wants to progress and surf with control. Our valuable advice allow you to practice new surf manoeuvres. Our improve your surf course is for you !
– Depending on the surf conditions (tides, swell), we come to pick you up at your accommodation in the morning (10:30) or the afternoon (14:30). The time will be confirmed the day before by WhatsApp/sms for the first surf day. It lasts about 5-6 hours including the transfer.
– The surf course includes a training carver skateboard, the transfer to the beach, a warm up, exercises on the sand and in the water, a recovery break, an after surf stretching session to finish the session, and usually we end it with a free surf session.
– You will feel privileged as we do only 1 single group per day, without a fixed schedule and it is being more than a surf course, but also an enriching experience in human relations. We share with you our island lifestyle as well as our ideas on a sustainable life, environment preservation and care of yourself with sport and healthy food.
– The theory is often given around a table while you enjoy delicious smoothies/coffee on the way back to Corralejo. Also, at the end of the week, there is often a lunch or dinner where we take surf pictures analyses so you can watch the footage while receiving feedback to improve your performance !
– You only need to bring your beach gear, water & some food (possibility of buying food at a backery in the village of Lajares on the way to the beach) ! The instructor gives you your material and looks after all administrative tasks.
Your personalised course
– Your instructor who is a pro surfer & a lifeguard trains you in English in a small group (max 6 students/instructor).
– He supervises and trains you individually with a personalised program, intensive and efficient so that you can perfect your surf !
– At ASA we take every client’s needs seriously. The teaching is adapted to the personal needs and abilities of every course participant.
– Due to his academic approach, you teacher does not show you any easy but unrealistic Pop Up techniques that is common in the surfing business. Instead, as in all other sports, he teaches you to get on your feet like the best surfers in the world.
– In cases of physical limitations, he adapts the techniques but always keep the focus on the correct technique of great surfers.
– Moreover, he adapts to your learning rhythm and makes sure the safety of the spot is optimal for your surf tuition.
– Your program includes a lot of simulation land exercises, as it is proven in sport science that the most efficient learning process is through repetition to build up muscle memory, to develop automation of movements so that you progress faster. You also have a skateboard session to improve your balance.
1 day intermediate
Ater the carver skateboard session, we take you to the beach with the other students (max 6 surfers), combining all the levels. Your level is evaluated on a softboard by Alex, the coach.
Alex helps you to refresh or perform the basics of surfing and to correct any bad habits. Then you learn all about water safety and the rules to respect at the line up, etc. Then, he coaches you on paddle out techniques, on how to catch unbroken waves, and you try your first bottom turns. You practice your new knowledge in the white water, or on clean waves depending on the conditions.
It is also offered that you try various types of surf boards during the course, so that you find a suitable board for you and your abilities!
A carver skateboard session is integrated into your surf course.
Skateboarding is a valuable tool to improve your balance and your posture on the surfboard. The feeling on the carver is very similar to the feeling in a wave and during the skating session you can improve and automatise your movements for the water ! For the intermediate or advanced surfers, the carver session builds techniques and manoeuvres long before developing that ability in the water, so that the learning progress is extremely accelerated.
3 day intermediate
You follow the 1 day intermediate lesson, and then learn how to perform a bottom turn, and to surf down the line. After this you learn how to pass the waves to go to the peak, and how to react in case of a wipe out !
We give constant feedback to the students; every single wave is observed and commented on in a motivating but correcting way. To do so, we mainly use a frontal teaching from the beach.
5 day intermediate
You complete the 3 day intermediate lesson and then we teach you the secret to performing bottom turns and top turns in the wave. You also learn how to get out of the wave doing a kick out !
You can also consult our page “Surf course information” or contact us directly !
COMBINE A SURF CLASS + SURFARI : Our surf courses take place at a surf spot ideal to learn new techniques. The surfari is a good option if you have already followed the 3 or 5 day intermediate surf course with aloha, and you want to keep on practicing your new skills in a “free surf area”. For the next level, you might like to check our surf clinic !
Contact our Office
Monday to Saturday: 10:00 - 19:00
Aloha Surf Academy
in Corralejo & Lajares
*BOOKINGS : By WhatsApp / email / calls*
Mobile 00 34 650 503 054
Mobile 00 34 680 507 640
(add us to your contact list to get the answer!)
!!! SORRY----WE ARE BOOKED OUT TIL 13TH JANUARY !!! ;)